Leaders who care
Board of Directors
Carolyn McClain, MD
The Urgency Room, Twin Cities, MN
On the board for Constellation, Carolyn McClain, MD, brings valuable experience as a physician and medical director at The Urgency Room, where she oversees a group of 45 physicians and 30 Advanced Practice Providers. She is highly motivated by Constellation’s mission and strong leadership, and her board involvement is closely tied to her desire to develop novel ways to grow the organization in order to serve all those who devote their lives to health care.
Dr. McClain is also dedicated to teaching—she developed and teaches a yearly two-day educational course in emergency nursing that she has shared with nursing students in Minnesota as well as more exotic locations such as Hanoi, Vietnam and Buenos Aires, Argentina. When she isn’t busy with medicine, Dr. McClain is an avid reader and loves to run—saying she has almost never missed a day running since she was 18!
- MD, John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- BA, Economics, Claremont McKenna College, Claremont, CA
Professional and Community Service
- President, Twin Cities Medical Society, Minneapolis, MN
- Board member Minnesota Medical Association, Minneapolis, MN
- MN ACEP Advocacy Member, Faribault, MN
- Emergency Physicians Professional Association, Bloomington, MN